vineri, 11 august 2023

Senseless Rhyme

The Chariot Tarot Card Digital Art by Magdalena Walulik

    Apparently, reading the lyrics of songs makes one want to write those themselves. Well, it wasn't just song lyrics. It was also a massive obsession with Fernando Pessoa, William Shakespeare and Mihai Eminescu. I'm currently reading "A Little Larger Than the Entire Universe" and it's fascinating, to say the least. It might as well get a review and an amateur analysis of "Tabacaria/The Tobacco Shop". Anyway, here's some senseless rhyme I wrote with the help of a tarot deck, good music and other poets. 


1. The Sun

The Sun rose in a crimson colour

Above the drops on a flower;

It rose like never before 

Burning everything to the core.

The Sun rose in a crimson colour

But he had too much power:

Everything underneath withered

And a small dandelion whispered:

"I'm glad for the rain of my plain."

(source: fineartamerica)

2. Hummingbird 

There is still a tower

And it's still getting higher

Are there stars somewhere, out there?

Is there more to bear?

One could lose the plot before getting it

It can be searing before liberation

But when the pulse is fit

One gets to be, to truly feel free

 

3. Demon's Circle (Hyakkimaru)

Crushed skulls, burnt towers

Fresh blood on the shirts 

I lack of any powers

Yet I stand where it burnt

Flames swallowed my skin

I swear this is Nirvana

Because I stand amongst my kin

And I still hold the katana


4. Spider Lilly

Though it's just a memory,

Nobody can steal the spider lilly.

Though it can bring rain,

It was never to blame. 

Still raindrops on leaves and spike

It's the pleasure of the ghostlike.

That's plain calm in an oasis

And that's peace inside the abyss.

A dragonfly above water,

An eagle between clouds,

I never fail to wonder 

What's the lilly in their minds?

 

5.  Lost (spot the reference)

I feel I'm about to fade

Horror was never my trade;

It's all paralysing

It's like I'm sleepwalking.

I felt this way before 

It's all rotten to the core, so insecure

Peace was all the cost 

But fighting myself I always lost.


6. Corvus MCMXCIV

I'm missing marbles long forsaken

Most hope went down the well

As my wings are long broken

For a reason I cannot tell

Something, somewhere just went missing;

But they say were are all victims

Nothing is worse than the hissing

Of mind's illness and symptoms.


7. About Sumwan

Torn to pieces, yet full of joy

Often alone, yet never lonely

What to expect from the boy 

Who lost all the dearly and lovely? 

In Lisbon, a mere wanderer

Walking both relaxed and agitated 

To mortals, he is wonder

Who he is? Well, to no one he is related

Nothing really bothers him,

Searches his luck from inn to inn;

He gathers peace and anxiety

So as to have variety.

Lisbon bores and inspires him

Many are the paradoxes within 

Most are complex, yet superficial

Everything and nothing is artificial. 


8.  Poet's Attic, 

All the rooms smell of lavender

And white rose, equally intense;

Then it was no wonder

That the word of the muse was immense.

Drunk from dreaming,

The poet takes a seat.

In word and charm drowning,

The night passes in a heartbeat. 


9. Black Goat XV

The cage has an open door

But nobody would leave the floor;

 Who would still need a laugh

When hell is comfortable enough?

To drown in misery or suffer in joy,

All for the sake of a broken toy?

Nothing to lose and nothing to gain

When all you know is pain.


10. Grammatik

Ich fahre gern in den Berg;

Ich bin frei in die Türkei.

Ich bin in Sommer, in August geboren;

Ich bin 2005 geboren und habe meine Angst verloren. 

Am Freitag ist Feiertag (18.08.2023),

Ich bin 18 der ganzer Tag

Und ich habe kein Kopf auf den Hof. 


11. Rhetoric

Eyes of doom fill the room

There's nothing left but gloom;

Anubis will judge soon

If this will be his last noon.

Aaron, merely anon.

Steps forward without a tone;

He felt his bleeding tongue

As a raven sang the the horror of his song. 


12. Ace of Pentacles

The door opens and you see the garden

With the lavender in bloom;

The call so sudden of a siren

Lures you where to feel is your doom.

But the coins begin to roll

To the one with a hundred souls,

The one whose morning star shines above the hall

With the tongues of fire that inside him crawl.


13. The Charioteer of Alexandria

A sphinx in their spring

With a sceptre of gold;

A king of whom the bards sing

For his mind & heart are so bold.

The sign of Thoth reigns above his head

For wisdom is his creed;

He often found the light that led 

Out of the night of his peer's head. 

 

   That's it for today. A sonnet also named "Rhetoric" is on its way. Now, back to the tea. 🍵

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Sonnets to Sell

 1. As If I Didn't Know What to Look For I see their faces through a fog, as if I didn't know what to look for Because voice & b...